Barracuda Networks Spam Firewall

Joe Boyce jboyce at shasta.com
Mon May 17 21:00:33 UTC 2004

Monday, May 17, 2004, 12:32:29 PM, you wrote:

MC> My old setup was 4 dual-PIII 550Mhz, 1 GIg RAM running
MC> Qmail/Qmail-ldap/spamassasin/F-Secure AV.   My inbox would get 300+
MC> spams/day, many of them not tagged at all
MC> This setup would melt  on a regular basis when spam floods would come in

Not to thread jack or anything, but when I first moved our cluster to
Spam Assassin, I was disappointed at the amount of messages that would
get past Spam Assassin at even a low threshold of 2.

I Googled around and found a bunch of rulesets that once installed,
started tagging those hard to get messages.

http://www.rulesemporium.com/ is a good place to start if anybody else
is running Spam Assassin straight out of the box.

Regards,

Joe Boyce
---
InterStar, Inc. - Shasta.com Internet