Pay-As-You-Use High-Speed Internet?

Jonathan M. Slivko jslivko at invisiblehand.net
Fri May 14 22:19:06 UTC 2004

Bill - I'm not saying dedicate a whole T1 to a single customer, i'm
saying share a T1 or T3 among many customers in a small geographic area,
but let each customer have fair use of the T1/T3.

BTW, we have been doing this for the last 6 years in a colo environment
and more recently a residential/corporate building with about 300 units
(50 of which are lit by us) with a single T1.

As far as the local loop cost being zero, I *know* that that is not
feasible, but what is feasible is to make a fixed cost aside from the
bandwidth of say $30-$50 per customer per month to cover the cost of
e-mail service, support, etc.

-- Jonathan

--
Jonathan M. Slivko