Pay-As-You-Use High-Speed Internet?

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Fri May 14 22:10:47 UTC 2004

      On Fri, 14 May 2004, Jonathan M. Slivko wrote:
    > I was just thinking about this - tell me if it sounds reasonable?

Okay, so basically, I'm in complete sympathy with you, because I would
_like_ the overhead cost of an unutilized local loop to be zero.
Unfortunately, that's not the case in the not-entirely-ideal world in
which we live.

Also, the idea you're bringing back from the many-times-dead lies in the
shadow of the invisible hand of Enron.  Which is unfortunate, since at
heart, it's a good idea.

                                -Bill