Pay-As-You-Use High-Speed Internet?

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Fri May 14 21:34:25 UTC 2004

On Fri, 14 May 2004 17:22:03 EDT, "Jonathan M. Slivko" <jslivko at invisiblehand.net>  said:

> Personally, I would like to see a senario where everyone just pays for
> what they use - it would be a much better system for allowing people who

> Questions? Comments? Suggestions?

Who pays for a DDoS attack, or getting flooded by bounces from a spammer's
joe-job or A/V companies warning spam when somebody else's box spoofs my
e-mail address?

If they have a website, who pays how much if it's slashdotted?  (Serious
question there - I may have budgeted for only several hundred or a thousand
hits a day, and if 200K hits costs too much, I may be in trouble...)

How do you handle disputes?  Who has the burden of proof?

Those are all questions I'd be asking as a potential customer..

And the biggie for you is: How do you handle these issues on a low margin? ;)