MD5 proliferation statistics

John Kristoff jtk at northwestern.edu
Fri May 7 14:20:25 UTC 2004

On Thu, 6 May 2004 17:52:16 -0400
"Patrick W.Gilmore" <patrick at ianai.net> wrote:

> Unfortunately, my organization was not passive until we got to see what
> the threat actually was, so our numbers are not useful.  Would any
> traffic-carrying-organization care to discuss their numbers?

  <http://www.cctec.com/maillists/nanog/historical/0109/msg01381.html>

After that post, DePaul's peering sessions peaked at about 50.  If I'm
not mistaken, only 1 new peer would not do MD5.  The number doing MD5
for the first time probably went up slightly as well.  In the end, one
of those organizations who wouldn't do MD5 is no longer in operation
and another, well, I'm here now and that was something on my list of
to-do's.  :-)

John