What percentage of the Internet Traffic is junk?

David Schwartz davids at webmaster.com
Thu May 6 03:28:43 UTC 2004

> Perhaps now I'm the one being pedantic, but you're confusing "somebody"
> with the owner of the resources involved in the sending.

	Look, we're the ones asking what percentage of Internet traffic is junk, so
we're the somebody. We know what we mean and can do a reasonably good job of
explaining it. Basically, it's junk if the sender wouldn't have wanted to
send it, the receiver wouldn't have wanted to receive it, the owner of a
computer was duped or tricked into sending it, or it's an attack, and so on.
It's not complicated.

	We do have to pass some value judgments. But any number of things we
measure requires such value judgments.

	DS