What percentage of the Internet Traffic is junk?

Jeff Shultz jeffshultz at wvi.com
Wed May 5 19:47:12 UTC 2004

So instead of trying to determine what percentage of internet traffic
is junk, why don't we set up categories (I saw someone make a start at
it a couple of messages back) and figure out what percentage of traffic
fits under each category. We can come up with our own opinions as to
which of those categories is junk.

So I guess we would start with stuff that stands as a major category:
e-mail, nntp, ftp, telnet, ssh, web... and then you start doing a lot
of subcategorizations. I imagine it would start looking like a
hierarchical org chart.

** Reply to message from Mike Damm <MikeD at irwinresearch.com> on Wed, 5
May 2004 11:51:19 -0700

--
Jeff Shultz
A railfan pulls up to a grade crossing hoping that