UPS and generator interaction?

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Tue Mar 30 19:32:28 UTC 2004

Once upon a time, Deepak Jain <deepak at ai.net> said:
> APC is very good about replacing equipment that might be their fault.
> Even after warranty. I've never seen another company with as smart,
> techncial staff available quickly. Too bad no one has any real
> experience with their big gear to see if its supported as well.

We've got a APC power strip (20A vertical "zero U" mount with 14
outlets) that failed (possibly from heat).  The circuit breaker tripped
and would not reset.  Their response was that we had too much plugged in
(never mind that we switched to a different 20A strip and it is working
fine on a 20A breaker) and that while they would replace it, if the
replacement failed they would NOT replace it.

I prefer APC for small UPSes, but I'm not impressed by support on a
simple power strip.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>