UPS and generator interaction?

Dave Hilton hilton at entelos.com
Tue Mar 30 00:14:08 UTC 2004

I had trouble like this years ago.  Seems that some UPSes only recognize
sine-wave AC power, whereas some UPSes provice something more like
sawtooth or square-wave AC power.

Inserting a Variac (very inefficient) between the generator and the
sensitive UPSes fixed the problem.

Dave Hilton
SysAdmin
Entelos