UPS and generator interaction?

Robert Boyle robert at tellurian.com
Mon Mar 29 18:47:40 UTC 2004

At 01:26 PM 3/29/2004, you wrote:
>I'd be very grateful to hear of any solutions that you guys have come up
>with in this arena.  Also, any recommendations for generators?  I'm not
>looking for something huge, just something that can be mounted on a roof.
>If I have to pour diesel into it every couple hours, that's fine too.

You need an automatic transfer switch. Asco and Kohler both make very good
ones. Square-D, GE and the other electrical component companies make medium
and huge units, but it sounds like you need a small one. This would
normally be installed along with your generator.

http://www.tellurian.com | 888-TELLURIAN | 973-300-9211
"Good will, like a good name, is got by many actions, and lost by one." -
Francis Jeffrey