Mail to postmaster

Roland Perry nanog at internetpolicyagency.com
Fri Mar 26 22:07:03 UTC 2004

In article <Pine.LNX.4.44.0403261546130.31032-100000 at adibox.knet.ca>,
Adi Linden <adil at adis.on.ca> writes
>These days we're still at about 2000 postmaster emails per day. Anyone has
>any sensible ideas of how to process mail to postmaster so only relevant
>stuff is forwarded to a human being?

That's about the same number as I get spam emails to all my email
addresses combined. I wash them through a Windows (sorry) utility called
K9, which classifies them by content, and also some [black|white]list
rules, and has a reader that allows you to cycle through the stored
emails at a single mouse click. A bit of speed-reading and it's possible
to double-check the 50% least-spammy ones in about ten minutes.

It's not absolutely the best software (it tends to systematically
over-classify as spam if almost all your received emails are spam), but
it helps a lot.  http://keir.net/k9.html
--
Roland Perry