Publish or (gulp) Perish

sgorman1 at gmu.edu sgorman1 at gmu.edu
Thu Mar 25 14:12:58 UTC 2004

One of the downsides of peer reviewed journals is that it takes an awfully long time from submission to publication - typically a minimum of a year.  In a quick moving area like network operations this can be especially problematic.

One great intermediary to this are pre-print archives, especially the Arxiv archive run jointly between Cornell and Los Alamos - http://arxiv.org/ .  They have a big computer science section with lots of good stuff.  Also as far as journals the new Internet Mathematics is good if a bit more academically geared than operational.