Informational Notice: AS3561 domain change

James A. Farrar jim at cw.net
Wed Mar 24 21:06:39 UTC 2004

As part of SAVVIS Communications’ continued integration of the assets of
Cable & Wireless USA, Inc., Cable & Wireless Internet Services, Inc., and
certain other U.S.-based affiliates, we will be re-branding the AS3561
network elements on 1 April 2004.

The re-branding will be a DNS change from “cw.net” to “savvis.net” only. All
hostnames will stay the same with the exception of the domain portion. This
re-branding will only affect AS3561 network devices at this time. AS3561
will remain intact and continue to be operated as it is today. Future
changes that may affect customer services and/or devices will be
communicated in a different notification.

We do not expect any impact to the network, as this is merely a name change.
Any applications utilizing name-based resolution will need to be updated
accordingly.

Please contact ipnoc at savvis.net with any additional questions.

Thanks,

Savvis Network Operations