Problems with .de abuse

up at 3.am up at 3.am
Wed Mar 24 15:16:40 UTC 2004

over the past couple of days, at least two of our servers have been
inundated with rather amateurish attempts to login as various priviledged
users.  We're talking at least hundreds of attempts, mostly from 62.104.92
and 62.104.82.  I whois shows the /16 (which I finally null routed the
whole thing) belongs to:

role:         Network Management
address:      freenet Cityline GmbH
address:      Network Managment Center
address:      Juri Gagarin Ring 88
address:      99084 Erfurt
address:      Germany
phone:        +49 361 594 2961
remarks:      ****************************************************
remarks:      * please report spam/abuse mailto:abuse at pppool.de  *
remarks:      * reports to other addresses will not be processed *

I sent the abuse email 2 days ago and got no response.  After 2 more days
of this, I finally just tried to call that number, and it's bogus (or at
least not working).  Does anyone have a clue who this is and/or how to
actually get ahold of someone there (preferably one who speaks or
reads/writes English)?

TIA,

up at 3.am							    http://3.am