UDP port 4000 traffic: likely a new worm

Josh Richards jrichard at digitalwest.net
Sat Mar 20 19:09:50 UTC 2004

Confirmed.  We had our first customer (colo) hit yesterday evening at
20:43 PST.  Additionally, they experienced the hard drive corruption (which
was added to the ISC diary entry within the last several hours).  Traffic
was 4000/udp.  Initial 90 Mbit/s peak which leveled out at a constant
60 Mbit/s before we took them off-line.

-jr

* Johannes B. Ullrich <jullrich at sans.org> [20040320 00:44]:

--
Josh Richards            | Colocation   Web Hosting   Bandwidth
Digital West Networks    | +1 805 781-9378 / www.digitalwest.net