Personal Co-location Registry

Chris Brookes lists at txrx.org
Sat Mar 20 03:36:42 UTC 2004

Joel Jaeggli wrote:

> The killer feature (that I'm willing to pay monay for for one of these
> products) is having a unit that can remotely power-cycle the box when the
> os is totally hung. We used to do this (and still do), with serially

Recent Compaq systems with integrated remote ILO provide a "virtual
power button". In fact they also provide full graphical/console access
over SSL and even booting of the remote system from a local
CD/floppy/.iso image... the client is Java based too. I don't have long
term experience with them or anything, it's just that I saw a demo
recently and I have to admit to being quite impressed.