US Extradition rights (was Re: Spamhaus Exposed)

Jason Slagle raistlin at tacorp.net
Thu Mar 18 22:39:06 UTC 2004

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004, Dave Howe wrote:

> Oh, so do I - I just think on general principles it really should require
> a judge in the serving country to rubberstamp it before the snatch and
> grab takes place - or more appropriately that the case be made to a UK
> judge, the child tried here and sentenced here. His actions were, after
> all, a criminal offence here too....

My expierience with getting the UK law enforcement to deal with
cybercrimes has been less then stellar.  Handing them logs of a kid taking
down large networks (Including an entire smaller country one day),
complete with evidence from the networks being hit, and him bragging he
did it resulted in them picking him up and releasing him the next day.
They never charged him with anything and basically told him to not do it
again..

Kinda sucks..

Jason

--