who offers cheap (personal) 1U colo?

Janet Sullivan ciscogeek at bgp4.net
Wed Mar 17 18:39:16 UTC 2004

Mike Damm wrote:

> That being said, I've had the idea for a couple years now of getting enough
> geeky folks together to rent a rack on both coasts and populate it with a
> few different operating systems and bits of gear for just the reasons
> outlined in this thread.
>
> So if you decide to put something together, I'm up for it.

I got an email from Eric Brunner-Williams who hangs out on freebsd-isp
and nanog that really sparked my interest.  Go to

  http://wampumpeag.net/vixie-personal-1U-colo.html

At the bottom of the page it reads:

"We've started the paperwork with the NCBA to form a real
honest-to-goodness member-owned cooperative for bloggers, and a real
honest-to-goodness member-owned cooperative for personal 1U colo is just
a second set of paper.

This is about as vague as a price sheet can get, but this was where we
were headed before Paul popped the question on NANOG, and in April we'll
be accepting member 1U units."