Assymetric Routing / Statefull Inspection Firewall

alex at pilosoft.com alex at pilosoft.com
Wed Mar 17 03:07:24 UTC 2004

If you are asking for stateful filtering for a firewall that sees only
one-way conversation, it does not exist and cannot exist, by definition.

If you are asking for some way for firewall A that sees only inbound
packets and firewall B that sees only outbound packets to communicate said
information - I suggest mirror port on a switch.

Otherwise, as long as firewall sees both incoming and outgoing packets,
why would it care what happens later at your border routers?

--
Alex Pilosov    | DSL, Colocation, Hosting Services
President 	| alex at pilosoft.com    (800) 710-7031