GigE High-Availability + Link Aggregation

Jason McCormick jason at devrandom.org
Wed Mar 17 03:25:45 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 16 March 2004 10:08 pm, you wrote:
>   I'm trying to price and buy a network setup for a high-availability
> GigE situation that requires link aggregation.
{SNIP}

  Thanks for the reponse to far.  To clarify several things based on the
feedback...  For the implementation "Host A" side is going to be N
number of servers that are pointing at a NAS filer device that is on
the "Host B" side of my example so the interconnection needs to be
switches and can't be direct-connects.  Also, the targeted quantifiable
throughput will need to be > 1Gbps so I need "always-on" link
aggregation.

Thanks for the responses so far!

--
Jason McCormick