DNS requests for 1918 space

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Tue Mar 16 18:42:48 UTC 2004

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 10:08:28 PST, bill said:

> 	http://www.nanog.org/mtg-0210/wessels.html
> 	has some very good information about some of the
> 	problems w/ leaked queries.
>
> 	http://as112.net/  has some mitigation stratagies.

That mitigates the issue, but fails to deal with the root cause.

One has to wonder - if a network is spewing enough broken DNS packets that it's
noticable, and it's not getting fixed, what *else* is wrong with the network.
Remember - every packet you see is a timeout happening back at the
misconfigured site.

It's like a car with one headlight out - yes, it still works, but whenever I see
one on the road, I wonder what ELSE is marginal (like brake pads)....