2001:590::/32 announced by both AS4436 (nLayer) and AS4474 (Global Village, no contact in whois, but seems to be nLayer...)

Jeroen Massar jeroen at unfix.org
Tue Mar 16 12:51:38 UTC 2004

[cc: to hostmaster at arin.net, maybe now it will get their
attention instead of going into /dev/null]

Hi,

Here is some operational content, instead of Packet Kiddies
trying to rape each other verbally ;)

According to Toshikazu Saito (Powerdcom):

> I know both ASs, 4436 and 4474 are yours, so
> nlayer should resolve this problem or respond to this.

But:

OrgName:    Global Village Communication, Inc.
OrgID:      GVC-8
Address:    1144 East Arques Avenue
City:       Sunnyvale
StateProv:  CA
PostalCode: 94086
Country:    US

ASNumber:   4474
ASName:     GVIL1
ASHandle:   AS4474
Comment:    The information for this ASN has been reported to
Comment:    be invalid. ARIN has attempted to obtain updated data, but has
Comment:    been unsuccessful. To provide current contact information,
Comment:    please e-mail hostmaster at arin.net.
RegDate:    1995-03-08
Updated:    2003-07-31

The reason for the above was that we are currently seeing
2001:590::/32 announced by both AS4436 (nLayer) and AS4474
(Global Village Communication) but apparently this is the
same company and apparently they are using the bogus ASN.
Bogus as it has no valid contact information

See telnet://grh.sixxs.net
or http://www.sixxs.net/tools/grh/lg/?find=2001:590::/32
for the odd routes and who it goes over.

As nLayer seems to be able to only send ticket responses
but there seems to be no real user alive maybe it is time
to start letting their peers ask them what to do with this
and if they can't contact them to just start depeering?
Unresponsive "NOC"'s is a real nightmare.

Greets,
 Jeroen