Platinum accounts for the Internet (was Re: who offers cheap (personal) 1U colo?)

Alexei Roudnev alex at relcom.net
Tue Mar 16 02:06:39 UTC 2004

Is it bad, If they (your sysadmins) understand your backbone infrastructure
and understand such things, as MTU MTU discovery, knows about
ACL filters (without extra details) and existing limitations? They are not
required to know about VPN mode or T3 card configuration, but they must
understand basic things.

Else, everything ends up in a long delays and 10 person technical meetings
(by the phone, of course) - which is
the best way of wasting anyone's time.