who offers cheap (personal) 1U colo?

Laurence F. Sheldon, Jr. LarrySheldon at cox.net
Mon Mar 15 14:37:05 UTC 2004

Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

> Laurence F. Sheldon, Jr.  [3/15/2004 7:39 PM] :
>

>> If you were willing to live in a place where an electrical overload
>> caused a fire (as opposed to tripping a circuit-breaker or blowing a
>> fuse), you have not correctly identified your worst problem, or the
>> the University's.
>>

> That's always there, but at least one dorm that I know of has this rule
> against running appliances in a dorm room.

A rule against running a "hotplate" or other heat-generating appliance
(or all "appliances" to avoind the arguments) makes sense.  A rule
against running power-consumers that were not in the cost-of-overhead
calculation makes sense.

Restricting (or trying to restrict) computers in today's University
environment is delusional.

--
Requiescas in pace o email