Platinum accounts for the Internet (was Re: who offers cheap (personal) 1U colo?)

Robert E. Seastrom rs at seastrom.com
Mon Mar 15 13:01:15 UTC 2004

Michael.Dillon at radianz.com writes:

> Maybe NANOG needs to implement a system where you have to log
> in to a web page with your NANOG meeting passcode in order to
> get a usable IP address. Then, when an infected computer shows
> up we will know exactly whose it was. Might even be interesting
> for a researcher to interview every infected party and figure
> out why it is happening even among a supposedly clueful group.

Seconded.  This is dirt simple to do.  If we believe in public
humiliation, a list of infected machines and their owners (along with
a suitably snarky "don't hire these top network engineers to maintain
your fleet of windows boxes" message) could be displayed on the
projection screens at the break.

                                        ---Rob