who offers cheap (personal) 1U colo?

Charles Sprickman spork at inch.com
Mon Mar 15 04:54:08 UTC 2004

On Sat, 13 Mar 2004, Paul Vixie wrote:

> if you know of a place that offers 1U/month for $50/month with some kind of
> bandwidth limitations (moderate peak, low average), and a strong abuse desk
> (including repossessing the 1U server upon proof of abuse or neglect), please
> send me e-mail with a url and some details.  i'll summarize it all online
> and report the aggregation URL back to this mailing list.

I've always wanted to enter a "niche market" like this.  I've never had a
boss that saw this as big enough to break even.  This really is a small
enough endeavour for a few people to start up.  Here in NYC, you can get
some decent co-lo at a "Tier 1" for $650/mo. and bandwidth at $150/MB with
no commit.  And that's at a very nice facility.  I'm sure that others know
of even better deals, but I think that's a fair market price for a
facility/name that everyone knows and trusts.

If anyone on the east coast also thinks this is something worth putting
together (either for-profit or as a co-op situation), feel free to contact
me directly.

Thanks,

Charles