who offers cheap (personal) 1U colo?

David A. Ulevitch davidu at everydns.net
Mon Mar 15 04:17:12 UTC 2004

<quote who="Suresh Ramasubramanian">
> And what is wrong with setting up a hub or something in a dormroom?  I
> find it quite convenient to leave both my PC and a laptop running on my
> desk, for various reasons (too many open terminals and windows is one of
> them ...)

Our ResNet doesn't forbid that in the AUP (yet).  They provide the network
connection to the person and tie it to a MAC address.  If the student can
figure out the rest and not abuse it, more power to them.

When they complain about not being able to use the network dorm printers
they don't get much support though...those are the breaks.

I'm not sure if this policy applies to non-resnet users (depts., faculty,
staff, etc), but for most issues, the resnet case is the one that matters.

-davidu