Counter DoS

Petri Helenius pete at he.iki.fi
Sun Mar 14 12:13:42 UTC 2004

Joel Jaeggli wrote:

>When pricing structures and deployment of broadband in the US approaches
>that of Korea and Japan, I think you'll find that that isn't the case in
>the US anymore.

If you have two items, travelling at different speeds and the one ahead
goes faster, they never approach each other but the distance grows. Both
go forward though.

So I fail to see the problem. Most US broadband or semi-broadband users
are on infrastructure which cannot be reasonably upgraded to the
bandwidth offered in South Korea without forklift upgrades and digging
up the streets. With the amount of clue present, it´s unlikely that the
upstream bandwidth in US or most of Europe will grow substantially over
the next five years.

Pete