who offers cheap (personal) 1U colo?

Avleen Vig lists-nanog at silverwraith.com
Sun Mar 14 09:33:36 UTC 2004

On Sun, Mar 14, 2004 at 12:10:01AM -0800, George William Herbert wrote:
> I do not know that there are several racks full of people
> like me, even in the SF Bay area, but I would be willing
> to bet that the answer is yes.

What would be nice is someone who charges you for bandwidth, not for
data transfered.
There's an excellent company in the UK who do exactly this:
  www.mailbox.net.uk

for ~UKP65 a month you can get 256kb/s in 2U.

Something needs to be developed along these lines:
  256kb/s sustained = ~80gbyte month transfered.
  The current bandwidth limit should be calculated such that based on
  how much I've used since the start of the month, my bw cap would go up
  or down to keep me on the average to end at 80gbyte.

Example: If I only use 128k/s sustained for 15 days (total 20Gb), for
the last 15 days I should be allowed to use ~384kb/s so that I end
exactly at my allotted 80Gb, no more.

Now *that* would be useful.

--
Avleen Vig