who offers cheap (personal) 1U colo?

Jeremy T. Bouse Jeremy.Bouse at UnderGrid.net
Sat Mar 13 20:35:12 UTC 2004

	I'd have to chime in and say I'm already paying almost $100 for
my aDSL connection for my home. I'm paying for a static IP allocation
which has been SWIP'd with ARIN and have forward and reverse DNS
pointing to my domain. However I deal with on a regular basis ISPs which
will reject the mail from my servers as saying they're dynamic dial-up
IP space. Not that any one of them ever respond to inquires to try and
get removed (RoadRunner being the most recent) from the list; nor the
fact that not one piece of spam has been sent through my servers given
that they are SMTP AUTH only, have extensive anti-virus scanning (which
doesn't send out emails to anyone but postmaster), and spam tagging.

	I can understand the ISPs that don't allow hosting of servers on
the DSL line and/or blocking SMTP outbound traffic; however if a
customer is paying for static IP space and the ability to host servers
on the DSL line then it's not dynamic. I'm not gonna pay another
$50/month to have my mail server at some colo just so my mail can be
delievered because some ISP doesn't want to accept the mail. I've even
recently published the SPF details in my zones so any SMTP+SPF compliant
machine can even verify that the message is coming from an authorized
machine. Unfortunately not enough domains are doing the same.

	Regards,
	Jeremy