Enterprise Multihoming

Stephen Fisher stephenfmail-nanog at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 12 19:05:10 UTC 2004

Most of the multi-homing talk has been about failover capabilities
between different providers.  What about the effects of multiple
providers when neither has actually failed; such as different paths for
inbound/outbound traffic.  One provider may have better connectivity to
x site whereas the other provider has better connectivity to y.  (Or is
this not as important as it used to be?)