Load Balancing Multiple DS3s (outgoing) on a 7500

Joe Abley jabley at isc.org
Sat Mar 13 04:37:25 UTC 2004

On 12 Mar 2004, at 23:24, joe mcguckin wrote:

> Patrick,
>
> I suspect that each FE goes to a different AS...

In that case, sample/count outbound traffic volumes by
(prefix/AS/AS_PATH/something), sort the resulting list, and develop an
import policy based on the top N entries which shares the traffic by
tweaking some other attribute to avoid the last-resort tie-break.

Or bypass the measurement part, and make wild guesses about where your
traffic is going, and apply an import policy based on that. Either way,
lather, rinse, repeat.

There might be something relevant in the slot I did in this tutorial in
Richmond Hill:

   http://www.nanog.org/mtg-0206/te.html

Joe