Load Balancing Multiple DS3s (outgoing) on a 7500

Drew Weaver drew.weaver at thenap.com
Sat Mar 13 03:39:16 UTC 2004

            Does anyone know of an article, or documentation regarding load
balancing the traffic on 3 or more FastEthernet interfaces on the outgoing
direction? Right now we're running BGP internally, and the routes that are
being chosen based upon the final BGP decision step or what I like to call
the 'IP address tie breaker' which is not always optimal. We have a cisco
7500 that is connected to 4 other Cisco 7500s which each have 45Mbps ds3s to
the Internet, we would like to load balance the outgoing traffic across all
4 of these 7500s, can anyone shine any advice my way? I noticed that there
are instructions on Cisco's site regarding doing LB on 12000s.

Anyways thanks in advance ;-)

-Drew