wholesalebandwidth.com major sponsor of spammers refuses to accept email at abuse

Bob Snyder rsnyder at toontown.erial.nj.us
Fri Mar 12 15:12:22 UTC 2004

German Valdez wrote:

> In that case you would be blocking all the networks in 29 economies in
> Latin american and caribbean region.

The people doing this generally know this. They often also block big
chunks of APNIC too. They often believe that the ratio of legitimate
mail to spam coming from these networks for their customers is too poor
to not block. They'll usually whitelist an address if one of their
customers requests it.

I'm not condoning the practice; I find it too extreme for my tastes. But
there are a number of people doing it. Do a search at groups.google.com
for "LACNIC group:news.admin.net-abuse.email" to see what people are
saying/blocking.

Bob