Automate router configs

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at outblaze.com
Fri Mar 12 04:21:09 UTC 2004

Aditya  writes on 3/12/2004 9:41 AM:

>>On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 20:50:57 -0600, "Jason Graun" <jgraun at comcast.net> said:
>>Is anybody automating router/switch configs in any manner other then
>>telnet scripts or Ciscoworks?  I am just trying to get some ideas.
>
> are you talking about access routers or backbone/core/peering routers?

Then there are a few others available in /usr/ports/net-mgmt/ on freebsd

cisco_conf, ciscoconf (read / store cisco configs from rcs) - one of
those is by Joe Abley, forgot which one.

Then there's a perl module called p5-JUNOScript

Rancid and a few other useful tools are there as well.

	srs

--
srs (postmaster|suresh)@outblaze.com // gpg : EDEDEFB9
manager, outblaze.com security and antispam operations