10GigaEthernet on GSR feedback ...

Vincent Gillet - Opentransit.net vgi at zoreil.com
Thu Mar 11 12:34:32 UTC 2004

Hi,

We recently installed 10GE interface on GSR boxes (Engine4+).

I are experiencing a SNMP counter issue with 802.1q VLAN.

We were used to have counters by 802.1q VLAN on GSR on 1GE, but it looks
to be broken for 10GE subinterfaces.

Counters are available by SNMP, but are buggy on Inbound.

ifHCInUcastPkts is OK, but ifHCInOctets is not.

Does anyone experienced such problem on 10GE with GSR ?
Counters from physical interace are fine. We experiences this on
SubInterfaces only.

Thanks.

Vincent.

BTW : YES, we already opened a case with vendor, but we would like to share
      Operations feedbacks on this.