[Fwd: [alex at yuriev.com] Confirmation of your message requested]

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at outblaze.com
Tue Mar 9 01:50:22 UTC 2004

Stephen J. Wilcox  [3/9/2004 2:35 AM] :

>>It turns out tha message I forwarded had a "null.eml" attachment
>>that I did not notice and remove.
>>
>>I am now being mailbombed by AV software all over the place!
>

> The attachment is rfc822, it has a null name. Looks ok to me.. broken AV?

At least one open source virus scanner has a cookbook config that treats
.eml as an "executable attachment"  and discards email that has a .eml
attachment.

Makes for fun when forwarding an OE generated email using Thunderbird,
I've found.

	srs

--
srs (postmaster|suresh)@outblaze.com // gpg : EDEDEFB9
manager, outblaze.com security and antispam operations