FCC Internet Policy WG to hold VoIP 911/E911 summit on March 18th, 2004

John Curran jcurran at xo.com
Mon Mar 8 21:23:42 UTC 2004

<http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-243851A1.pdf>

"On Thursday, March 18, 2004, the FCC¹s Internet Policy Working Group (IPWG)
will hold the first in a series of a ³Solutions Summits² at which leaders in
government and industry can discuss creative ways to address policy issues
that arise as communications services move to Internet-based platforms.  The
initial meeting will focus on 911/E911 issues, and on the particular
challenges and opportunities created for emergency services in expanding
911/E911 access to VoIP users and increasing the use of IP technologies in
emergency services networks"

This will be one of the first public discussions of 911/E911 issues for VoIP
which includes both public safety and US telecomm regulatory officials.

/John

PS.  My apologizes to those folks whose SMS or RJE gateways were hung up
     by my earlier mime-formatted version of this email...  Nationalistic,
     7-bit, discard-the-encoding-and-be-PINE-friendly used above instead.