Source address validation (was Re: UUNet Offer New Protection

Paul Vixie vixie at vix.com
Mon Mar 8 06:32:48 UTC 2004

sean at donelan.com (Sean Donelan) writes:

> > If you're not a good neighbour, next time you need my help, or the help
> > of anyone else I know, please expect the finger.
>
> But I keep trying to do good work; and you keep giving me the finger.  Why
> should I keep trying to do good work?  Remember it works both ways.

i guess i don't understand your comments.  you have argued for relaxation
of vigilance in the practice of uRPF, on the basis of high cost and assymetric
benefit.  you have attempted to justify your employer's lack of effort in
this area on the basis that the benefit is not only assymetric but also
negligible.

this sure sounds like a copout.  did you actually do something good but you
aren't allowed to say so in public?
--
Paul Vixie