Email security Best Practices; was RE: Email Security Poll

Christopher J. Wolff chris at bblabs.com
Sun Mar 7 20:26:24 UTC 2004

Based on Jon's results, it is reasonable to conclude that most corporate
network operators provide some level of email security.  Any given
corporation can establish top-down policies mandating the use of an email
security product.  Said corporation only needs to manage compliance with the
policy.

However, in the context of the commercial email operation there is a
delicate balance between email security and sales prevention.

My question is, at what point does email security become too onerous for the
ISP customer?  Is it reasonable to completely ban attachments?

Thank you for your time.

Regards,
Christopher J. Wolff, VP CIO
Broadband Laboratories, Inc.