One hint - how to detect invected machines _post morten_... Re: dealing with w32/bagle

Alexei Roudnev alex at relcom.net
Fri Mar 5 16:41:48 UTC 2004

It is interesting, I wil look. We have the same system (CCR 1.1 - Cisco
Configuration Repository), which can read configurations (manually or on
schedule), keep change history in CVS, and can be easily adapted for running
commands (in reality, it have
few tools to run a command) and we was thinking about putting it on
sourceforge as a part of 'snmpstat' system, but
I found a few interesting _existing_ systems, as well, so we will look.

What we did additionally - add some security - if, for some reason, company
do not want to keep passwords in public/private key encrypted format (which
means, that root can decrypt them), you can use PASSPHRASE mode (which
allows to crypt passwords using passphrase, so  operators must know this
phrase but do not require to know exact passwords) or you can use explicit
passwords.

One more quesstion - did anyone know tools, alllowing to generate 'cisco
update' based on 2 configurations (old and new)? We wrote such thing 4 years
ago (in Russia), but it was still limited to our scope of configurations.