SPAM Prevention/Blacklists

Anne P. Mitchell, Esq. amitchell at isipp.com
Thu Mar 4 19:09:55 UTC 2004

>>> Also, I like sender verification, but that's me.
>>
>> i used it for some time, and reluctantly shut it down. blocked a lot
>> of email
>> abuse, but too many false positives for my taste.
>
> Could you go into more detail?

> Maybe I have others I just don't know about?  How many people send
> legit e-mail with return addresses which are bogus?

On a related note, for those of you interested, the IADB (ISIPP
Accreditation Database) is now up and running, although not publicly
announced yet.  You can read information about it at:

http://www.isipp.com/iadb.php

What is unique about the IADB is that it is designed to list not only
IP addresses, but also associated domains *if* the listee is publishing
an SPF record, and conversely IADB listees will be able to get a unique
"accreditation code" to put into their SPF records.

Anne

Anne P. Mitchell, Esq.
President/CEO
Institute for Spam and Internet Public Policy
Professor of Law, Lincoln Law School of SJ