SPAM Prevention/Blacklists

Nathan Allen Stratton nathan at robotics.net
Wed Mar 3 23:32:47 UTC 2004

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004, Scott Call wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Mar 2004, Nathan Allen Stratton wrote:
>
> > Have you look at graylisting, temp failing mail with a sender/receiver/IP
> > you have not seen before?
>
> I don't know what the prevailing attitude is, but it seems to me
> that 451ing unknown senders  is a good way to get on the bad side of
> sysadmins who have to deal with the backlog until your server decides to
> accept them.

Well every valid to/from/ip gets thrown in mysql any new message with that
same to/from/ip would never be delayed again. Also I temp fail before the
DATA phase so body is not sent twice and I only temp fail for 5 min.

><>
Nathan Stratton                                   CTO, Co-Founder
nathan at robotics.net                            BroadVoice, Inc.
http://www.robotics.net                           http://www.broadvoice.com