Possibly even yet another MS mail worm

Laurence F. Sheldon, Jr. LarrySheldon at cox.net
Mon Mar 1 17:46:25 UTC 2004

Jeff Shultz wrote:

> Okay, from an operational standpoint, who really wants a customer who
> would open this as a customer in the first place?  It seems like it
> takes some seriously stubborn stupidity to do so.
>
> <slightly sarcastic suggstion follows>
>
> I'm beginning to think that we should start charging like insurance
> companies do... the more dumb things you do on the network, like
> opening stuff like this and spreading viruses, the more we get to
> charge you.
>
> Of course we'd have to have someone maintain a central database of
> customers that have suffered "accidents" like this so they couldn't
> benefit from switching ISPs... too many offenses and you pay -a lot-
> for your internet access on a tightly firewalled ISP where you can only
> access stuff by proxy servers - I'm sure you all get the idea.
>
> There are of course a million different reasons this won't work, but it
> is a nice dream, eh?

One of the reasons might be in the legal system extant in some parts of
the world.

I don't agree that what follows is a good idea, but I am not a lawyer
and I am not current in any of the relevant regulations.

I am told that there are legally enforceable obligations to account for
things like complaints, resume submissions, job applications, some
requests for information, and so on.