Possibly even yet another MS mail worm

Jeff Shultz jeffshultz at wvi.com
Mon Mar 1 17:14:18 UTC 2004

** Reply to message from "Mike Nice" <niceman at att.net> on Mon, 1 Mar
2004 07:23:07 -0500

> I just received 2 copies of Bagle.F, embedded inside a password-protected
> zip file.  Comes right through a full virus scan undetected.

> Sent: Sunday, February 29, 2004 7:04 PM
> Subject: Bad girl
>

> I am from Taiwan but I study in Camden, New Jersey now. I like to know
> people from different places .
>  password for archive: 87326

Okay, from an operational standpoint, who really wants a customer who
would open this as a customer in the first place?  It seems like it
takes some seriously stubborn stupidity to do so.

<slightly sarcastic suggstion follows>

I'm beginning to think that we should start charging like insurance
companies do... the more dumb things you do on the network, like
opening stuff like this and spreading viruses, the more we get to
charge you.

Of course we'd have to have someone maintain a central database of
customers that have suffered "accidents" like this so they couldn't
benefit from switching ISPs... too many offenses and you pay -a lot-
for your internet access on a tightly firewalled ISP where you can only
access stuff by proxy servers - I'm sure you all get the idea.

There are of course a million different reasons this won't work, but it
is a nice dream, eh?

--
Jeff Shultz
Loose nut behind the wheel.