Possibly yet another MS mail worm

Michael Wiacek lists at iroot.net
Mon Mar 1 06:07:23 UTC 2004

so would a milter for sendmail that strips off attachments, queues
them for decompression and scanning at a later time be more useful?
Say such a milter could strip off attachments, replacing them with
a URL in the email that will allow the recipient to download them
if they prove clean. It's not an instant gratification, but it'll
let you distribute the scanning among several machines. if an
attachment gets denied, the url would inform the user why they can't
access the file. i had an idea to write this a while ago, but never
felt like writing the mime code to handle strange attachments.

mike