Can a Customer take their IP's with them? (Court says yes!)

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Tue Jun 29 17:32:30 UTC 2004

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004, Richard Welty wrote:

> i suspect this will turn out to be a non-issue, even of the new provider
> routes the blocks and nac.net strictly obeys the requirements of the
> TRO. the blocks broken out of the aggregates are probably (i
> haven't looked) likely to be dropped by filters at many large
> providers, which will seriously limit their utility.

We're not talking about a /24 or longer prefix here.  Based on the amount
of ARIN space Pegasus has and claims they've made, I'd guess they must
have somewhere in the neighborhood of a /16 worth of NAC space, probably
in several blocks of /24 and shorter.

So, how do your filters tell the difference between these broken out
NAC routes through a new provider and "multihomed customer routes with the
primary provider's connection down"?