Can a customer take IP's with them?

william(at)elan.net william at elan.net
Tue Jun 29 14:35:48 UTC 2004

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004, Edward B. Dreger wrote:

> JL> Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 08:08:03 -0400 (EDT)
> JL> From: Jon Lewis
>
> JL> If someone figures out the IP block in question let me know.
>
> I don't know the rogue netblock, but
> 	http://www.fixedorbit.com/cgi-bin/cgirange.exe?ASN=8001

More likely the block in question is being announced by different ASN or
announced as part of large NAC space and as such will not show up
directly on the above page.

I've suspicions this maybe Pegasus Web Technologies (AS25653), who are
probably largest NAC customer (at least based on how often their name is
seen when querying rwhois.nac.net) and who got direct ARIN ip block
69.57.160.0/19 right about year ago on 6-20-2003 (but before they already
had ip block 216.67.224.0/19 and afterwards they received 69.72.128.0/17
from ARIN in September 2003). In addition to all that they are using lots
of other blocks which are the ones directly from NAC space, since NAC is
using custom whois server, I can't quickly create exact list, but my
estimate it it maybe close to /18. They are probably just lazy to work on
moving out of that space, eventhough more then likely they promised to do
that two years ago or more when they got first direct ARIN block.

But I'm just speculating here, we'll not know for sure until we see large
chunk of NAC space announced from somewhere else without having even one
NAC transit route in any route server (and if its indeed comes 25653, then
my guess is right).

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks