BGP list of phishing sites?

Michael.Dillon at radianz.com Michael.Dillon at radianz.com
Tue Jun 29 09:50:17 UTC 2004

> When a provider hosts a phishing site for _weeks on end_ and does
> _nothing_ despite being notified repeatedly, sometimes a blacklist is
the
> only cluebat strong enough to get through the provider's thick skull.

If they are notified that they are an
accessory to a crime and do not take any
action, then doesn't this make the provider
liable to criminal charges? Did you really
inform the provider's legal department of
this fact or did you just send an email
to some dumb droids in the abuse department?

Quite frankly, I don't consider messages to
the complaints/abuse department to be "notice".
How long does it take to find a head office
fax number and draft up a legalistic looking
"notice" document addressed to their legal
department?

Some people in this industry seem to want to
manage it as a secret club for insiders and
solve all problems of the industry in one
cliquish venue. I just don't think that is
an appropriate way to operate on the scale
of today's Internet.

--Michael Dillon