Can a Customer take their IP's with them? (Court says yes!)

Alex Rubenstein alex at nac.net
Tue Jun 29 05:45:23 UTC 2004

> I wonder why ARIN, or even more importantly, ICANN has not jumped all
> over this.  Seems to me if IP space is not "owned" or something close
> to it by ICANN, they have lost a cornerstone of their power.

We have been in contact with both ARIN and ICANN about this issue. We
encourage all network operators and anyone else who has an interest in
this issue to contact ARIN and ICANN, and urge them to do something about
this. This is clearly an instance where their input is needed and
required, and critical for maintaining the stability of the global
internet.

-- Alex Rubenstein, AR97, K2AHR, alex at nac.net, latency, Al Reuben --
--    Net Access Corporation, 800-NET-ME-36, http://www.nac.net   --